GIA experts will offer attendees – ranging from the trade to consumers and connoisseurs – insights into the different aspects of gems and jewellery through complimentary 45-minute seminars. Topics will include diamond colour on the D-to-Z scale, fluorescence in diamonds, pearl history and value factors, synthetic diamonds and ruby sources. As the creator of the famous 4Cs of diamond quality and the 7 Pearl Value FactorsTM, GIA is considered the world’s foremost authority in gemmology.
- Allure of Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald – Tuesday, November 21 (7 pm) and Friday, November 24 (9 pm)
- Beyond the 4Cs Color – Tuesday, November 21 (8 pm) and Friday, November 24 (8 pm)
- Fluoroscence in Diamonds – Tuesday, November 21 (9 pm) and Friday, November 24 (7 pm)
- History and Value Factors of Pearls – Wednesday, November 22 (7 pm), Thursday, November 23 (9 pm) and Saturday, November 25 (8 pm)
- Spotlight on Synthetics – Wednesday, November 22 (8 pm), Thursday, November 23 (8 pm) and Saturday, November 25 (7 pm)
- Update on Ruby Sources – Wednesday, November 22 (9 pm), Thursday, November 23 (7 pm) and Saturday, November 25 (9 pm)
“GIA has provided education and laboratory offerings for Jewellery Arabia visitors since 2012,” said Nirupa Bhatt, Managing Director for GIA in India and Middle East. “This exhibition provides a great platform to spread awareness about gemmological education.”
GIA offers courses in major trade centres throughout the Gulf. The Institute’s courses focus on diamonds, coloured stones, pearls, jewellery design, and more. GIA’s laboratory take-in window in Dubai accepts submissions for grading services for diamonds, coloured stones and pearls from consumers and members of the trade across the Middle East.